The principle of feeding volumetrically starts with keeping the screw full. The effectiveness and accuracy are strongly dependent on a constant and homogeneous filling of the dosing screw.
This method provides consistent, repeatable metering with linear control with materials that are considered “good” powders. A good powder has a consistent bulk density, and manageable characteristics.
Volumetric feeding falls short of capacity requirements when a material has a varying bulk density. Material that can vary widely in bulk density within a batch will struggle to meet dosing requirements with a Volumetric feeder.
Choosing the right feeder for your application is important to the cost and quality of the output of your facility. The basics are outlined here, speaking with a bulk material handling expert form our company to design the optimal system for your application is important to achieving quantifiable savings in the long-run.
The HETHON Feeder 30 was developed specifically for the dosing of small quantities. Particularly for laboratory applications and in pilot plants simulating production processes, this series has excellently proved its added value.
• The dosing of powders in small containers of lab- equipment at
• The dosing of poly-electrolytes in water purification plans
• Adding defoamers or other additives in the extrusion process in the plastic
• Adding flavoring, odeur and coloring substances in the food industry.
The HETHON Feeder 30 is equipped with a powerful three-phase motor for driving the screw and the massaging paddles. The frame is made of 304 (and optionally 316) Inox.
The flexible hopper is easily detachable, without the use of tools. Also the extension hopper can be removed quickly by loosening a single bolt. As such, the device can be cleaned quickly and easily.
The HETHON Feeder 30 has a hopper content of approximately 1 litre, which can be increased by use of a 7 litre extension hopper. The HETHON Feeder 30 is available with or without control. It can easily be applied to your existing installation, for example in a carrousel with formula or as a stand-alone.
Customisation and advice
Would you like some customised advice? Feel free to inform us about you dosing-issues!
The HETHON Feeders 40 up to and including 70 are available with 1 of 2 motors. The optional second propulsion makes it possible to have the paddles and screw moving independently. This way the paddles keep the material in motion whilst the screw only rotates slowly.
The flexible hopper is easily detachable. Also a possible extension hopper can be removed quickly. Therefore the device is very easy to clean.
The HETHON Feeders 40, 50, 60 and 70 are easy to expand with the accessories and complementary products which can be found here. Using an extension hopper the capacity can be increased by up to 250 litres.
The content and capacities of the HETHON Feeders 40, 50, 60 and 70 can be found here.
Customization and advice
Having many years of experience in the dosing of dry substances, we will be happy to think along about the optimal solution for your process!
Your benefits of a HETHON Feeder
• Prevent ratholing, bridging and damage to the
• Minimal power consumption
• Easy to clean due to detachable components
• Low-maintenance because of few wear points
• Stable and strong thanks to high-quality Inox
tube frame construction
• Separate paddle propulsion possible
• Limited segregation
• 4 easily detachable doors
• Steel profile cast in the hopper for stable retrieval
• Hopper available in 6 versions
• Very few contact elements
• Excellent price-performance ratio
Being the largest Feeder within the HEETHON-family, the Feeder 80 is widely used in large, professional industries worldwide. The machine is ideal for the dosing of larger quantities dry substances and other hard-to-dose materials, with a large variety of specifications. Mostly Feeder 80-installations are assembled by use of the accessories and complementary products from our assortment.
The HETHON Feeder 80 is available with 1 of 2 motors. The optional second propulsion makes it possible to have the paddles and screw move independently.
• The dosing of , for instance polyelectrolytes in water purification plants
• The dosing of lime and wood pulp
• Recycling of scrap in the production flow of the plastic industry
• Filling large packaging machines in the food industry
• Adding pigments in the paint industry for use under bunkersand silos
The flexible hopper can be removed easily.
The HETHON Feeder 80 can be expanded easily with the accessories and complementary products. Using an extension hopper the capacity can be increased to over 1000 litres.
Widely used in large, professional industries worldwide
Dry powders do not always flow bad. In that case
the HETHON Basic Feeder is an excellent alternative
or a good combination with your existing
HETHON Flexible Wall Feeder!
· Screws are interchangeable
with the Flexible wall Feeder
· Easy to clean
· Low-maintenance because of
few wearing parts
· Stable and strong
· Very few contact parts
· Minimal power consumption
· Excellent price-performance ratio
· Dosing up to 820 l/hour